Due to today’s busy life and polluted environment, it’s hard to keep your skin healthy and glowing all the time.
Your skin adapts to the changes in the weather, your physical environment, and your diet.
So, you need to understand your skin better to take the best care.
How to know your skin type
If you want to give your skin the right care, the first step is to figure out your skin type.
Your skin improves and radiates a happy glow when you use products that suit your skin type.
So, do you know what your skin type is? Take these two simple tests to find out!
- After cleansing your face, wait for 60 minutes.
- After the first 30 minutes, check your cheeks, chin, nose, and forehead for signs of oiliness. If there is no shine, you have dry skin.
- After an hour, examine if your skin feels dry and stretched. If the skin on your nose and forehead feels oily, you have combination skin.
- In case your cheeks also feel slightly oily, then you have oily skin.
2. Blotting Test
- Place blotting paper on different parts of your face one by one and pat lightly.
- Start with the cheeks, chin, and then the nose and forehead.
- Examine the paper after this for oil blots. If there is no blotting on the paper, you have normal to dry skin.
- Oil blots on the nose and forehead area (the T-zone) indicate combination skin.
- If the cheeks and chin area have oil blots as well, then you have extremely oily skin.
Facial products for healthier, happy skin
Now that you have discovered your skin type, the next step is to choose products that can make your skin healthy and happy.
1. Hydrate dry skin
Dry skin feels rough, tight, and sometimes flaky. The lack of moisture leads to small and tight skin pores.
Your skin needs a soap-free herbal face wash enriched with Aloe Vera and Cucumber to help replenish the lost moisture from your skin after every wash.
If you have extremely dry skin, follow up with a face moisturizing lotion enriched with Aloe Vera and Country Mallow.
2. Get rid of the oily feel
Oily skin is prone to regular acne breakouts.
Blackheads and whiteheads are also common since the pores are generally large and visible.
This skin type needs a face wash with natural ingredients like Lemon and Honey to remove excess oil without making the skin dry and stretched.
You can choose Himalaya Purifying Neem Face Wash, which is a trusted solution to clear impurities and pimples.
For well-hydrated skin with an oil-free glow, choose a gel cream infused with Barbary Fig and Winter Melon.
3. Target the T-zone
Combination skin is characterized by large pores on the forehead, nose, and chin, while the cheeks and areas around the eyes feel dry.
Blemishes and overall uneven skin tone are common in this skin type.
A mild exfoliating cleanser can help deep cleanse pores and scrub off dirt and grime.
Once a week, use a mild scrub with natural ingredients like Neem and Walnut to tackle whiteheads and blackheads.
No matter your skin type, staying happy can have a positive effect on your skin health.
As we age, our skin's needs keep changing.
Keep your skin healthy by constantly monitoring the changes in your skin type and making necessary modifications to your skincare regimen.
Along with providing external care to your skin, keep yourself stress-free and happy to maintain your skin's balance and beauty.
Check out the Face Care section for more blog posts on facial regimes, skincare, diets, and so on.
Explore the Himalaya Wellness blog for more useful articles.